TagsALUA articles BeaST BSDMag BSD Now bugs C cache CLI coding CTL HA development dual-controller empty expect FreeBSD games gmirror Hak5 HCS High Available history Hitachi HP interactive tools internet iSCSI IT links linux lol Microsoft news old hardware PowerShell press mentions Python SAN scripts shell show Solaris Storage Tips & tricks Tuning Manager UNIX very old VirtualBox virtualization ZFS
Top Posts & Pages
- How to expand LDEVs on Hitachi storage systems using CCI
- Quick check for Command Devices mapped from Hitachi arrays
- Using SSD as the level two cache for the FreeBSD dual-controller storage array
- My article on FreeBSD CTL High Availability and ALUA functions is shown on BSD Now TV!
- Online command-line reference for scripting
Monthly Archives: May 2016
Just found several small and ridiculous mistakes in the paper of Implementing in-memory cache in the BeaST architecture. So here is the version 1.1 of the PDF document.
Download the fresh issue and see ZFS topic the “Adding ZFS to the FreeBSD dual-controller storage concept” article on pages 15 – 39. Also you can read the original PDF paper on our blog. If you are interested in the … Continue reading
See the BSD Now Episode 141 starting from 01:19:19 where Alan Jude and Chris Moore discuss the BeaST reliable storage architecture. Thank you, guys for the really good words!
Recently we have created the reliable dual-headed FreeBSD based storage concept. Then we improved it with the famous ZFS feature. Now we will try to implement a shared in-memory cache to make our model even more serious.