D81S – simple SAN visualisation tool. It is developed to build a full map of a Fibre Channel Storage Area Network by tracing all paths from HBAs to storage logical devices. D81S scans SAN switches and storage systems to create a database of all volumes which are accessible by hosts and the same LUNs provided by storage systems.
Running in the virtual machine on my laptop it took ~15 minutes to process ~5000 of SAN ports and ~200 storage systems.
- Brocade SAN via SSH
- Hitachi High-end and Midrange storage systems via Hitachi Command Suite (Device manager)
- HP Hi-end storage arrays via Command View AE.
- HP 3PAR 7400 storages via SSH
- HP EVA arrays via HP Command view EVA
- IBM TS3500 tape libraries via HTTP
D81S requires to run:
- Linux server
- Python 3 with several addition modules
- Mysql database
D81S is a work in progress, so it doesn’t have GUI for now, but I am planning to create WEBUI for it.
Download D81S from Sourceforge.net